We lend hospital equipment - such as crutches, wheelchairs or bathroom chairs - to patients to support their recovery.
When we lend any equipment we will provide a date when they are to be returned. This date is agreed with your doctor, nurse or specialist and is based on the time they estimate you'll need it to support your recovery from illness, an accident or surgery.
If you need the equipment for longer, please call to arrange for an extension:
- for Hutt Hospital call (04) 570 9427
- for Kapiti, Kenepuru and Wellington Regional Hospital call (04) 918 6334 or email email@example.com
There is no charge for equipment, or fee if they are returned late.
We appreciate people returning equipment when they no longer need them. This means they are on hand to lend to other patients who need them, and we don't have to spend money buying replacement items, which could spent on providing other health services to our communities.
What equipment does not need to be returned
You do not need to return any personal hospital equipment, such as moon boots, pressure bandages or strapping, or linen. You can dispose of these in your rubbish.
Unable to return items?
You can arrange for a pick them up by calling:
Where to return hospital equipment
You can return equipment to any of the locations listed below. If you are unable to return items in person, please call (04) 918 6334 to arrange a pick up.
Hutt Valley Hospital equipment returns
- Hutt Hospital Equipment Store, Gate 4, Pilmuir Street, Lower Hutt. Follow the yellow signs to the store
- Open 8am - 4.pm, Monday – Friday
- Upper Hutt Physio Clinic, entrance off 10 Criterion Lane, Level 1 (above Lagans Pharmacy). Open Monday - Thursday 8am - 4pm (except between 12-1pm), Friday 8am - 11.30am.
Kapiti Health Centre
- Main reception of the hospital, off Warrimoo Street, Paraparaumu
- Open 8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday
Kenepuru Community Hospital
- Kenepuru Community Hospital is located at 16 Hospital Drive, Kenepuru, Porirua City.
- Drop items to the Security Orderlies office in the main reception area
- Open 7am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Learn more about Kenepuru Hospital
Wellington Regional Hospital
- Drop you equipment in or next to the Blue bin (pictured right) inside the main Hospital entrance on Riddiford Street. Go through the main doors and the bin just inside on the right hand side.
- Central Equipment Pool, level 3 (ground level) between of WSB building. You can:
- go to the Mein Street entrance and walk through Mojo Coffee, then follow the orange line to WSB building, or
- drive up Hospital Road and into the car park area and follow the signs down to WSB building - call the intercom (on your left by the main doors) or (04) 918 6334 and one of the team will come out and pick up the equipment. This is because WSB is closed to the public.
- Open 7am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Wellington Regional Hospital is located on Riddiford Street in Newtown.