Information for patients coming for an infusion
- Please come to the Endoscopy/Medical Day Stay reception area on arrival on the day of your scheduled appointment.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and preferably something loose fitting around your arm area so that we are able to easily insert an IV line.
- Most of the infusions are quite short in duration (for example an iron infusion takes around 30 minutes) but for other more lengthy infusions PLEASE BRING YOUR LUNCH – tea and coffee is provided.
- You are welcome to bring someone along with you but due to space constraints we ask that this is limited to just ONE support person if you require them.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment so that we can offer it to someone else.
- If you need to have a blood test, please have this done at least 2-3 days before your appointment to avoid delays.
- For certain infusions you may need to pay a $5 prescription fee or provide a high user pharmacy card. You will be notified about this upon confirmation of your appointment.
If you are unable to attend your appointment or have any queries, please contact us as soon as possible on (04) 570 9158.