The Māori Health Unit was created to support whānau, the community, and the health workforce to improve outcomes across Māori health, including equitable access to services and supports that are appropriate to the needs of whānau.
Our primary functions are to:
- support Māori whānau in their hospital and health care journey
- connect whānau with appropriate community supports and services
- build strong connections and foundations within Māori communities
- influence health services to ensure they are equitable
- support the hospital to meet the needs of Māori whānau
We also work closely with Māori health and social service providers to ensure whānau have appropriate and co-ordinated services that best meet the needs of their whānau.
Our office is situated on the left-side of the corridor, as you enter the main entrance to the Clock Tower Building at Hutt Hospital.
Kia mau tou Māoritanga
"Hold fast to your culture"