Why choose to work in midwifery at HVDHB?
Hutt Valley District Health Board (HVDHB) is committed to leading safe, effective and compassionate nursing and midwifery care. We work hard to ensure the workforce can impact on reducing health inequalities across the health journey. To achieve this, the key focus for the nursing and midwifery leadership team is knowing, growing and engaging our workforce to make sure people get the right care at the time in the right place.
We can offer you:
- Comprehensive bespoke new graduate midwife programme
- Developmental opportunities for all members of the team that are individualised depending on need and specific areas of interest
- Bespoke return to midwifery practice support
- Opportunities to expand your midwifery skills across the scope of practice and in different areas i.e. theatre, outpatient clinic and community
- Quality and Leadership Program (QLP)
- New flexible shift patterns allowing quality work life balance
At HVDHB we have a strong focus on working together to improve the health and independence for people, families and communities in our region.
We are looking for midwifery applicants from all backgrounds who share our passion for safe, effective and compassionate care. HVDHB values diversity and is an inclusive workplace. If you want to be part of our journey, please view our current midwifery vacancies and apply today! Select midwifery