There are some simple things parents and caregivers can do to keep their children healthy during those chilly months.
- Stop the spread of germs and sickness by ensuring your child washes and drys their hands regularly.
- Get the ‘Flu’ vaccine for your child. Some children can get the vaccine for free so call the team at your GP clinic or your pharmacist to find out.
- Keep your child at home when she or he is sick. Do not let them go back to school until they are well so to prevent spreading illness to others.
- Keep warm - insulation, heating and ventilation keep your home warm and dry. Contact the Well Homes team who may be able to help on 0800 675 6755.
- Keep homes and cars smoke-free. If you want help to quit smoking contact the Takiri Mai Te Ata team on 0800 926 257.