There are some simple things you can do - and support is available to you for the more difficult things
1. Stop the spread of germs and sickness by ensuring your child washes and drys their hands regularly.
2. Get the ‘Flu’ vaccine for your child. Some children can get the vaccine for free so call the team at your GP clinic or your pharmacist to find out.
3. Keep your child at home when she or he is sick. Do not let them go back to school until they are well so to prevent spreading illness to others.
4. Keep warm - insulation, heating and ventilation keep your home warm and dry. Contact the Well Homes team who may be able to help on 0800 675 6755.
5. Keep homes and cars smoke-free. If you want help to quit smoking contact the Takiri Mai Te Ata team on 0800 926 257.
Download Flyer - Top 5 Ways to Keep Kids Healthy in Winter
(A5 or A4, two-sided, full colour)