During the strike, APEX members working as psychologists – excluding intern psychologists – will not take part in group work with patients and clients, or accept new patients on to their caseloads.
We respect and acknowledge APEX members’ right to undertake strike action. Patient and client safety and wellbeing remain our highest priority and focus, and detailed contingency plans are in place to ensure we can continue to meet patients’ and clients’ needs during this time.
Psychologists will still carry out initial assessments, however patients and clients assessed as having non-urgent needs may experience a delay in receiving therapy.
Anyone assessed as having urgent needs will have their therapy prioritised, and can be assured they will continue to receive the care and support they require.
Anyone who is uncertain as to whether their therapy or appointments are affected by the strike can contact us on the numbers below.
Hutt Valley DHB
Main number – (04) 566 6999
Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Services
- Wellington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) – (04) 806 0002
- MHAIDS Porirua – (04) 381 1660
- Kāpiti CAMHS – (04) 903 0260
- Wairarapa CAMHS Te Ratonga Aranga Mokopuna Arangi – (06) 946 9808 / 0508 432 432
- MHAIDS Hutt Infant, Child, Adolescent & Family Service (ICAFS) – (04) 570 9600
- MHAIDS Te Whare Marie Child & Youth – (04) 230 6322
HVDHB Media contact: Tracey Lewis – 027 569 7405
MHAIDS Media contact: Chas Te Runa – 027 230 9571