Hauora Maori Workforce Funding 2019/20
Hauora Maori Workforce funding is available for enrolment in NZQA accredited courses (levels 2 - 6, excluding degree level).
Please click here for a HWNZ Funding Application Form.
People who are eligible for this funding will:
- have Maori whakapapa
- be a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident
- have the support of their employer
- enrol in a course that meets HVDHB Maori health/disability workforce priorities
Funding is not available for people who:
- are studying in a programme not accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) or an Industry Training Organisation (ITO)
- already enrolled in a sponsored study programme under the Maori Provider Development Scheme (MPDS)
- have a current Ministry of Health Hauora Scholarship or who are participating in another Hauora Maori Workforce-funded programme.
Hauora Maori Workforce funding covers reimbursements for:
- tuition fees
- cultural supervision or support
- travel subsidies for people who are required to travel further than 100km by road one way from their usual place of work to the agreed training programme location
- accommodation subsidies (maximum of $100 per night) for people who have to travel to their course
- course-related resources (maximum of $300 per person on a pro-rata basis).
Carrie Maniapoto, Māori Workforce Development Co-Coordinator
Maori Health Unit, Hutt Valley DHB