Nurse Entry to Practice (NETP) Programme
Hutt Valley DHB
This page provides information for those considering recruitment to the Hutt Valley DHB’s NETP programme and those within the DHB who need access to information regarding new graduates and the NETP programme.
Hutt Valley DHB currently recruits nursing graduates who have completed and passed their New Zealand state final examinations, from around New Zealand.
Hutt Valley DHB offers a 12 month programme with a fixed term contract in one clinical area at a minimum of 0.8 FTE as negotiated with the employer. A postgraduate paper is integrated into the programme and is delivered by The Graduate School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health at Victoria University.
In the past graduates have been employed in Medical, General Surgery & Gynaecology, Burns & Plastics, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Special Care Baby Unit, Theatres, Older Persons & Rehabilitation services, Emergency Department, Medical Assessment & Planning Unit and District Nursing.
To be eligible to apply to ACE for a NETP or NESP position you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Either be a New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen or hold a Permanent Resident Visa (or Returning Resident Visa).
- Be in the final year of a Bachelor of Nursing degree approved by the Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ) leading to registration as a registered nurse or be awarded a Bachelor of Nursing degree approved by the NCNZ leading to registration as a registered nurse, no longer than 24 months before starting on a NETP/NESP programme.
- You must have completed your Bachelor of Nursing degree in New Zealand and have passed your state final exam no more than 2 years prior to starting on a NETP/NESP programme. You therefore have up to four opportunities to apply via ACE provided you still meet all eligibility criterions each time you apply.
- You must not have practiced as a New Zealand registered nurse continuously (full time, 0.8 FTE or more) for longer than six months before starting on the NETP/NESP programme.
Applications are currently open for the Mid Year 2018 NETP intake. Applications close 8th May 2018.
Please apply through ACE Nursing Website https://nursing.acenz.net.nz/
For further information or inquiries please contact:
Nurse Coordinator NETP Programme
Phone: 04 5709140
This NETP programme is Nursing Council of New Zealand accredited and accommodates new graduates within hospital, aged care and primary health care settings.
The key drivers behind this programme are:
- To enable nursing graduates to practice safely, effectively and confidently as Registered Nurses
- To improve the quality of care through the application of knowledge and skills
- To have a positive impact on the nursing workforce via improved recruitment and retention
The aim of the NETP programme is to provide graduate Registered Nurses support and professional development to facilitate their transition during their first year of practice.
On completion of the NETP year, nursing graduates will meet competencies and standards of practice at "competent" level on the Hutt Valley DHB Professional Development and Recognition Programme (PDRP) which is consistent with the Nursing Council of New Zealand requirements for registered nurses.
Hutt Valley DHB understands the demands and stresses faced by new graduates when they commence their first year of practice and are committed to supporting them through their first year with the assistance of our NETP Coordinator,
Clinical Nurse Educators, Preceptors, Nurse Specialists, Clinical Nurse Managers, Afterhours Managers and other nursing staff to complete this programme.