About Hutt Hospital
Hutt Hospital offers a wide range of hospital services including secondary and tertiary care at a regional and national level.
• Medical services including emergency department
• Regional plastic surgery/maxillofacial and burn unit
• Otolaryngology (ENT) service, audiology, dermatology and greater Wellington rheumatology services
• Reconstructive and surgical services, including dental, general, ENT, gynaecology, and orthopaedic surgery
• Maternity, child and youth health services
• Mental health services, including the Central Region Eating Disorder Service (CREDS)
• Community dental services including the School Dental Service for the greater Wellington region
• Regional Public Health services
• Regional Screening Services, including breast cancer screening, and cervical screening.
Getting to the hospital
We are located at:
Lower Hutt 5010
The main entrance to the Hospital is just north of the town centre on High Street.
Click here for Hospital Maps.
Car parking is available for patients and visitors in the grounds of the hospital. A dedicated car parking building is located directly to the right of the main hospital entrance.
Click here to view the Hutt Hospital Parking Map.
The following charges apply for parking within hospital grounds:
- 0-20 minutes: Free
- 20 mins to 1 hour: $3.00
- 1 hour to 4 hours: $5.00
- 4 hours +: $9.00
- Maximum price per day: $9.00
Some free parking is available in streets around the hospital. Please take note of parking restrictions in place.
The Metlink website has details of train and bus links to the hospital.
Regular trains run from Wellington Railway Station to Waterloo (Hutt Central) Station, which is a 10 minute walk from the Hospital.
The nearest train station to the Hospital is Epuni, which is 3-5 minutes walk from the Hospital. Fewer trains from Wellington stop at Epuni so please check your journey details carefully.
You are welcome to visit patients at Hutt Hospital during the visiting hours of
2.30pm to 8.00pm
There may be cases where you would like to visit outside of these hours. Special arrangements can be made with the Charge Nurse if you are visiting children, seriously ill or terminally ill patients.
In most wards, the morning is reserved for treatments and doctor’s rounds; and 12.00pm-2.00pm is observed as a quiet rest-time for all patients during which no visitors are recommended.
Please talk to the staff if you have queries about visiting hours.
Low cost accommodation is available at Kowhai House on the Hutt Hospital campus for patients' families who live outside the Hutt Valley. If you wish to make a booking please phone (04) 587 2650.
Hostel accommodation is also available next to the Hospital in Pilmuir House. For further information phone (04) 568 3853.
Please use the Ubook service, accessible from here.