Hutt Hospital is located in High Street, Lower Hutt and offers a wide range of hospital services including secondary and tertiary care at a regional and national level. Services include:
• Medical services including emergency department
• Regional plastic surgery/maxillofacial and burn unit
• Otolaryngology (ENT) service, audiology, dermatology and greater Wellington rheumatology services
• Reconstructive and surgical services, including dental, general, ENT, gynaecology, and orthopaedic surgery
• Maternity, child and youth health services
• Mental health services, including the Central Region Eating Disorder Service (CREDS)
• Community dental services including the School Dental Service for the greater Wellington region
• Regional Public Health services
• Regional Screening Services, including breast cancer screening, and cervical screening.
Visiting hours at Hutt Hospital are between 2.30pm - 8.00pm daily. Rest periods are in place on most wards from 12.30pm to 2.30pm daily and visiting is not allowed during this time.
Children are welcome to visit but must be supervised at all times.
When patients are seriously or terminally ill or are children, special arrangements can be made with the nurse in charge to visit at other times.
To prevent the spread of infection when visiting the hospital, it is important that you do not visit a patient if you are unwell. All visitors should use hand sanitiser provided before entering patient areas.
Smoking is not permitted within the grounds of any Hutt Valley District Health Board site, including Hutt Hospital.
If you are unsure whether a patient has been discharged from Hutt Hospital or which department they are in, phone patient enquires on (04) 570 9152.
Patient enquires is open 8.00am - 8.00pm on weekdays and 8.30am - 8.00pm on weekends.
Low cost accommodation is available at Kowhai House on the Hutt Hospital campus for patients' families who live outside the Hutt Valley. If you wish to make a booking please phone (04) 587 2650.
Hostel accommodation is also available next to the Hospital in Pilmuir House. For further information phone (04) 568 3853.