Improving our services together
Would you like to use your experiences within our services to improve the Hutt Valley Health System?
The Hutt Valley District Health Board is setting up its first Consumer Council - a group of people with diverse experiences, backgrounds and knowledge to give advice to our Board and leadership team.
This group’s aim will be to make sure our patients, whānau and communities have a strong voice in planning, designing, and delivering great services across the Hutt Valley.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are passionate about improving our health services to be focused on the needs of patients and whānau;
- Have experience of Hutt Valley health services;
- Can voice what’s important to them when using health services, and
- Some bring their experience as part of a wider group (e.g. ethnic or cultural group, health support group).
We’re also looking for someone to be our first Chair.
This person will be able to:
- Lead the group through its first year;
- Bring out the best in a diverse group of individual members;
- Draw members together into a unified group;
- Be a strong voice for the Council – communicating with health professionals and leadership groups.
The Consumer Council will meet monthly. The positions are voluntary and the time commitment involved for a member is around three hours per month, including preparation and meeting time. Members will receive a koha and reasonable travel expenses.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document:
FAQs (PDF) FAQs (Word)
If your question is not answered here contact:
Rebecca Morgan on 04 570 9488 or email:
Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference DRAFT (PDF) Terms of Reference DRAFT (Word)
Note: The Terms of Reference will be draft until ratified by the Consumer Council when it is established.
How do I apply?
- Download an Expression of Interest (EOI) form
EOI form (PDF) EOI form (Word)
Please return the form by Thursday 21 December 2017
By email to: ConsumerCouncilEOI@huttvalleydhb.org.nz or
By post to:
Hutt Valley DHB
Private Bag 31907